As you’re ushered into her office, she’s standing beside her desk with both hands on her hips.
- Why is she standing this way?
- Is she intimidated, or is she trying to intimidate you?
- Will you ever see subordinates stand like this?
- Like a peacock spreading its feathers, she’s trying to appear larger and fend off any attacks.
- Could be both. If she feels she’s about to be ripped off, she’s trying to reestablish her dominance. And if she’s in a position of authority, she’ll stand this way to intimidate others.
- Rarely will subordinates confront their boss like this, unless they’re suddenly angered or suffer some sort of indignation.