- 44% of salespeople stop calling on the prospect after one call.
- 22% stop after the second call.
- 14% after the third call.
- 12% after the fourth call.
- Thus, 92% of salespeople stop after four calls.
Combine that information with this:
- 15% of the prospects can make a decision within 1-2 calls.
- 15% within 2-3 calls.
- 35% within 4-5 calls.
- 35% within 5-7 calls.
Notice that 70% of the people you call on will not even make a decision until you get beyond that fourth call. If there is a magic number, it would be five.
But as long as a prospect is using a service or product I sell, I never stop calling. The reason: things change. Decision makers come and go, money comes and goes, needs come and go, and competitors come and go.
This information is from my book, Cold Calling for Cowards: How to Turn the Fear of Rejection into Opportunities, Sales, and Money available in ebook or paperback