- How does she feel about the man?
- How does he feel about her?
- What can be done to change the situation?
- Joe Navarro (What Every Body Is Saying), ex-FBI agent and body language expert, says the most honest indicators of what people are thinking are found in the positions of their feet and legs. With her knees facing the man, she’s comfortable and wants to be engaged in this conversation.
- By using his right knee as a barrier to block the woman, he shows doubt and discomfort. Displaying the “figure 4” leg cross, he’s also more confrontational and ready to argue. The interview is not going well.
- The woman should find a reason for both to stand; or do something to get him to uncross his legs. The simple change of body language changes attitudes instantly.